Join an exciting, growing medical practice! Epiphany Dermatology is looking for happy, positive teammates to join us immediately for full-time work in our Austin, TX office!
Main Job Functions:
- Verify that charges have been entered and approved in accordance with company policy for every checked-in appointment (missing charges report)
- Enter/Update Charges for Lab service that are split-billed
- Reconcile Bank Statement to Practice Management system (AdvancedMD)
- Perform the day-to-day processing of deposits and correspondence.
- Work Duplicate Patient report, deleting or merging patient records in accordance with company policy
- Process Insurance overpayments and Patient refunds in a timely fashion in accordance with company policy as well as government guidelines/regulations
- Research overpayment recoveries and/or retracted payments from insurance companies
- Ability to apply copayments and adjust patient balances accordingly, when needed
- Matches remittances to customer and business partner accounts received through various approved payment gateways including checks, ACH, wires, credit cards, and cash
- Create and maintain well-documented procedures as relates to daily deposit
- Research issues and take corrective action, as appropriate
- Apply payments received by various methods (Lockbox, Ach, Wire) in conjunction with daily deposit when appropriate
- Support billing department and call center, as needed, and in areas that do not create internal control conflict
- Maintain current knowledge of business office processes, especially in payment posting and charge review along with staying current with AdvancedMD upgrades to ensure accurate daily reconciliation of payments, claims, adjustments and charges, speaking with patients about their accounts and responding to insurance company inquiries
- Assist with month-end processes
- Processing of adjustments related to cash posting discrepancies when appropriate
- Performs other related accounting or administrative duties as assigned
- Cross-training on other Billing positions including Insurance Verification, Claim Coding, and Appeals
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Serves as back up for business office positions when needed.
- Assists other employees when time allows and completes other duties as assigned.
- Performs routine clerical and administrative functions, including answering incoming phone calls.
- Demonstrates ability to handle incoming paperwork efficiently, filing according to departmental process when completed.
- Utilizes down time to achieve maximum work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 1 years of relevant experience performing cash applications
- Previous administrative or other professional office experience in a medical setting preferred
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy individual workload to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a high-volume work environment
- Excellent data entry skills required
- Understanding of health plan benefits (deductibles, copays, coinsurance) and eligibility verification a plus
- Distinct customer-focus and ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Willing to accept and function in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Flexible and willing to take on different tasks as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- MSOffice skills (Word, Excel)