Join an exciting, growing medical practice headquartered in Austin, Texas!
Epiphany Dermatology is looking for a happy, positive teammate to join us immediately for full-time work in our corporate office. The Patient Payment Collector is a crucial member of the Revenue Operations Team and will report to the Revenue Operations Manager.
- Calling patients to collect balances
- Call patients whose balances are past due and conducts follow through with any research, re-filing, etc. to obtain maximum payment
- Review all payment / financial options with patients. (Payments plans, discounts, financial assistance etc.)
- Send payment plan patient statements each month
- Records information about the status of collection efforts
- Assist patients with questions regarding billing and insurance payments.
- Need to understand how insurance works (deductible, coinsurance, explain why patient has balances, CPT code)
- Need to know how to post payments accounts
- Assist in collection procedures training of front office personnel
- Train other staff (clinical receptionists)
- Front office in each office should be collecting up front, but this role will be collecting on the backend
- Billing questions – identify/track trends of questions from patients – go to office staff to answer questions
- Help with answering corporate office phones
- Back up to payment poster in essential duties, but primary focus is payment collections
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology – 2+ years
- Experience with working in a healthcare field, preferably in a clinical setting or corporate billing office
- Strong understanding of medical collections and reading Explanation of Benefits (EOBs)
- Bilingual is a plus
- Work under limited supervision with ability to understand and meet department productivity standards
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information