Dr. Carlos Rodriguez is a double board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist skilled in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of general dermatologic diseases with a special focus on skin cancer. His formal educational training includes:
- University of Illinois (Chicago, IL) – BS, Biological Sciences
- University of Illinois College of Medicine (Chicago, IL) – Medical School
- West Suburban Hospital (Oak Park, IL) – Transitional Medicine Internship
- Cook County Hospital (Chicago, IL) – Dermatology Residency
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Pittsburgh, PA) – Dermatopathology Fellowship
Dr. Rodriguez is extremely versatile and enjoys working as a dermatopathologist, dermatologic surgeon, and clinical dermatologist. He divides his time between microscopic analysis of skin biopsies, cutaneous oncologic (Mohs) surgery, and direct patient care. Dr. Rodriguez is also a member of several professional organizations including the American Board of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatopathology, and the American Society for Mohs Surgery.
Dr. Rodriguez is fluent in English, Portuguese, and Spanish. During his time away from the clinic and the microscope, he enjoys reading about various topics as well as teaching and competing in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.