Dr. Dorothy Fernandez is a board-certified dermatologist that specializes in the diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and management of both common and rare skin conditions in all patients of all ages and skin types. Her formal educational training includes:
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) – BA, Natural Sciences
- Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health (Baltimore, MD) – MHS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Medical College of Georgia (Augusta, GA) – Medical School
- Stony Brook University Hospital (Stony Brook, NY) – Internal Medicine Internship
- Cook County Health (Chicago, IL) – Dermatology Residency
Dr. Fernandez’s involvement in research/clinical trials has facilitated a host of publications in major dermatology journals. She is an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the Women’s Dermatologic Society.
In her spare time, Dr. Fernandez enjoys cooking healthy recipes for her family and exploring local gastronomy and cuisines.