Dr. Joseph A. Quintana is trained in Internal and Vascular Medicine and is fellowship-trained in General and Interventional Cardiology. He specializes in vein disorders, peripheral vascular conditions, and cardiovascular diseases. His formal education and training include:
- University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) – B.S. in Biology with a minor in Chemistry
- Autonomous University of Chihuahua (Mexico) — Medical School
- Joseph Mercy Hospital (Pontiac, MI) – Internal Medicine Residency and Internship (Chief Resident)
- Joseph Mercy Hospital, Department of Cardiology (Pontiac, MI) – Cardiology Fellowship
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) – Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
Dr. Quintana has been practicing cardiology and internal medicine since 1989. He enjoys building relationships with his patients and helping them address their concerns. Dr. Quintana is fluent in Spanish and English. He is an affiliate member of the American College of Cardiology and his research has been published in major gastrointestinal and cardiac journals.
Dr. Quintana is a trained chef and excellent cook. He also enjoys traveling, cycling, and spending time with his family and friends.