Dr. Maren Chan is an experienced pathologist who is board-certified in anatomic and clinical pathology. She has a special interest in skin cancers and inflammatory skin disorders, which led her to be a fellowship-trained and board-certified dermatopathologist. Her formal educational training includes:
- Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) – BS, Chemical Engineering
- University of Washington (Seattle, WA) – MS, Chemical Engineering
- University of Washington School of Medicine (Seattle, WA) – Medical Degree
- Tripler Army Medical Center General Surgery (Honolulu, HI) – Internship in Surgery
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Boston, MA) – Research Resident in General Surgery
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston, MA) – Resident in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology; Anatomic Pathology Chief Resident
- Harvard Dermatopathology Fellowship (Boston, MA) – Fellow in Dermatopathology
Dr. Chan’s education has facilitated a host of publications and awards including a Military Achievement Award and BIDMC Department of Pathology Intra-Departmental Grant.
In her spare time, Dr. Chan enjoys running, going to the beach, and spending time with her husband and two children.