Dr. Sterling McKissack is a board-certified dermatologist that specializes in the prevention, detection, and treatment of skin cancer, as well as other disorders of the skin. Dr. McKissack’s formal educational training includes:
- Kilgore College (Kilgore, TX) – AS, Biology
- Stephen F. Austin State University (Nacogdoches, TX) – BS, Biology
- University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) – Medical School
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center (El Paso, TX) – Transitional Internship
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium (San Antonio, TX) – Dermatology Residency
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center (El Paso, TX) – Chief of Dermatology
As a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Texas Dermatological Society, and the Association of Military Dermatologists, Dr. McKissack is involved in education and advancement of dermatology.
In his spare time, Dr. McKissack enjoys carpentry, house restorations, gardening, mountain biking, kayaking, archery, and hiking.