Dr. Leah Cardwell is a fellowship-trained, board-certified dermatologist who specializes in general medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology. She was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. Dr. Cardwell’s formal educational training includes:
- Howard University (Washington, DC) – BS, Biology
- Howard University College of Medicine (Washington, DC) – Medical School
- Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) – Internal Medicine Internship
- Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) – Dermatology Clinical Research Fellowship
- Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) – Dermatology Residency
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) – Dermatopathology Fellowship
During her training, Dr. Cardwell was heavily involved in clinical research and mentorship and was the recipient of many honors. She has contributed extensively to the dermatology medical literature through national and international publications and presentations, with topics that range from “Rosacea Triggers: Alcohol and Smoking” to “Options for Managing Adult Acne.” Dr. Cardwell is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).
Her passions include ethnic skin care, hair loss, and patient advocacy.
In her spare time, Dr. Cardwell enjoys traveling, spending time with friends and family, fitness, and yoga.