Dr. Alyson (Aly) Thede is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic surgeon with a special interest in skin cancer, Mohs surgery, complex facial reconstruction, melanoma, and general dermatology. She has a passion for skin cancer education and prevention, patient advocacy, and creating strong, long-term relationships with her patients. Her formal educational training includes:
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) – BS, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Indiana University School of Medicine (Indianapolis, IN) – Medical School (Alpha Omega Alpha)
- Saint Joseph Hospital (Denver, CO) – Internal Medicine Internship
- University of California, San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) – Dermatology Residency
- University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) – Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship
Dr. Thede’s involvement in education and research has facilitated a host of publications and presentations at national conferences. Her research interests include skin cancer epidemiology, tumor genetics, melanoma, and rare cutaneous tumors. She is a current Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD), a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology (ABD), an Associate of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS), and an active member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), the Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS), and the American Medical Association (AMA).
In her spare time, Dr. Thede enjoys many outdoor activities including downhill and backcountry skiing, hiking, biking, camping, and exploring national parks. She also loves gardening, thrift shopping, country music, home improvement projects, and hanging out in the backyard with her husband and their dog, Kaya.