Dr. Andrea Jurgens is a board-certified dermatologist that specializes in general and surgical dermatology. Her formal educational training includes:
- Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK) – BS, Nutritional Sciences (summa cum laude)
- University of Texas School of Public Health (Houston, TX) – Master of Public Health
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) – Medical School (Alpha Omega Alpha)
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) – Internal Medicine Internship
- Mayo Clinic Department of Dermatology (Rochester, MN) – Dermatology Residency
- Mayo Clinic Department of Dermatology (Rochester, MN) – Chief Resident
Dr. Jurgens completed her residency at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, which at the time was ranked the #1 hospital in the world by U.S. News & World Report. During her time at Mayo Clinic, she served as Chief Resident, treated both common and rare skin conditions in adult and pediatric patients from all over the world and was involved in research that facilitated publications in major dermatology journals. She has presented at a variety of dermatology national meetings including the American Academy of dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting and the Joint Meeting of the International Society of Dermatopathology. She is an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Her interest and belief in preventative medicine and health education lead to her completion of a Master of Public Health in addition to her medical degree. Dr. Jurgens takes pride in providing exceptional, individualized patient care.
In her spare time, Dr. Jurgens enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. She also enjoys traveling, interior design, and college football.