Dr. Brian Matthys is a board-certified dermatologist with a passion for general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. His formal educational training includes:
- University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS) – BA, Human Biology
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Des Moines, IA) – Medical School
- Park Lane Medical Center (Kansas City, MO) – Transitional Medicine Internship
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) – Internal Medicine Residency
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) – Dermatology Residency
Dr. Matthys is a member and past president of the Kansas City Dermatologic Society. He is also a member of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Photobiology, and the American Society for Mohs Surgery.
Dr. Matthys’ involvement in education and research/clinical trials has facilitated a host of publications in major dermatology journals.
He is the founder of eclipseRx, a digital health company whose purpose is to enhance health and wellness by providing personalized information shaping behavior in the fields of cutaneous aging and other sun related risks. A sun-sensing smart band for Apple Watch will be widely available in Summer 2024.
In his spare time, Dr. Matthys enjoys spending time with his wife, Dr. Menser, and three kids, Elsie, William, and Marella, traveling, antique cars, and playing the guitar.