Dr. Jason Blaser is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist with over 15 years of clinical experience with additional training in dermatological surgery, including Mohs surgery. He specializes in the prevention, detection, and treatment of skin cancer, as well as other disorders of the skin, hair, and nails. His formal educational training includes:
- Ricks College (Rexburg, ID) – Associates Degree, Pre-Med
- Idaho State University (Pocatello, ID) – BS, Zoology
- Nevada School of Medicine (Reno, NV) – Medical School
- Madigan Army Medical Center (Ft. Lewis, WA) – Transitional Medicine Internship
- Madigan Army Medical Center (Ft. Lewis, WA) – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency (Chief Resident)
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (Washington, DC) – Dermatopathology Fellowship
- University of Texas Health Science Center (San Antonio, TX) – Dermatology Residency (Chief Resident)
Dr. Blaser served as a physician in the U.S. Army for 11 years and his military career allowed him to practice at Madigan Army Medical Center at Ft. Lewis, Washington; Beaumont Army Medical Center at Ft. Bliss, Texas; Brook Army Medical Center at Ft. Sam Houston, Texas; and Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Today, Dr. Blaser maintains his reserve-duty status by proudly serving in the Texas Army National Guard.
Dr. Blaser has had multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals, and he is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatopathology, an affiliate of the American Society of Mohs Surgery, and an active member of the Texas Medical Association.
In his spare time, Dr. Blaser enjoys spending time with his family, volunteering with his church, and spending time outdoors.