Dr. Jill Buckthal is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist with over 15 years of experience providing general and surgical dermatology services. She sees patients of all ages and skin types, with a broad variety of skin conditions. Her formal educational training includes:
- Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, GA) – BS, Chemistry (Bell Honors Program; GA Hope Scholar; magna cum laude)
- Medical College of Georgia (Augusta, GA) – Medical Doctorate (summa cum laude; Alpha Omega Alpha)
- University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) – Internal Medicine Internship
- University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) – Dermatology Residency (Chief Resident)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Pittsburgh, PA) – Dermatopathology Fellowship
Dr. Buckthal is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), as well as a member of the American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP). During residency at the University of Cincinnati, she also saw patients at the VA Medical Center, and gained extensive surgical experience in the Dermatological Surgery Unit. She studied pediatric dermatology at the highly regarded Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center. In Pittsburgh, she studied dermatopathology, and was a member of the clinical faculty in the Dermatology Department. She has published multiple articles in scholarly journals.
Dr. Buckthal and her husband, Brandon, live in Peachtree City and keep busy with their children, Aaron and Abigail, and their rescued dogs and cat. She looks forward to spending time with family and friends, traveling, jogging, skiing, and reading. In her spare time, Dr. Buckthal enjoys live performances, especially Broadway musicals, and is an elder in the Presbyterian Church.