Dr. Kaitlin Blankenship is a double board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic & reconstructive surgeon with extensive experience in medical and surgical dermatology. Dr. Blankenship’s areas of interest include Mohs micrographic surgery, including the management of complex tumors, cosmetic dermatology, and general dermatology. Her formal education and training include:
- University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) – BS, Biology
- Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine (College Station, TX) – Doctor of Medicine
- Florida Atlantic University College of Medicine (Boca Raton, FL) – Internal Medicine Internship
- University of Massachusetts College of Medicine (Worcester, MA) – Dermatology Residency
- University of Massachusetts College of Medicine (Worcester, MA) – Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship
Dr. Blankenship is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), the Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS), and the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS).
Dr. Blankenship earned her Bachelor of Science in Biology at the University of Texas at Austin where she graduate summa cum laude. For medical school, she attended Texas A&M, affiliated with Baylor Scott & White in Temple, Texas, where she received the distinguished Alpha Omega Alpha award for her academic performance. She then completed her Internal Medicine Internship at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida. From there, she moved to Massachusetts where she completed her Dermatology Residency at UMass Memorial Medical Center. She then completed a rigorous fellowship at UMass specializing in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology where she completed over 1,000 cases of micrographic surgery and reconstructive surgery. She continues to publish in peer-reviewed medical journals, present at local and national medical conferences, and has authored a surgical chapter in a medical textbook.
In her spare time, Dr. Blankenship enjoys spending time with her family, hiking, kayaking, cooking, and exploring the local food scene.