Dr. Karen Nern is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon with expertise in general, cosmetic and surgical dermatology. She performs Mohs micrographic surgery and has extensive experience treating both benign and malignant skin growths. She also performs many cosmetic procedures, including Juvederm™, Voluma™, Kybella™, chemical peels and Co2 laser. Her formal education and training includes:
- Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) – BS, Finance
- San Diego State University (San Diego, CA) – MBA, International Business
- University of California, Davis (Davis, CA) – Medical School
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego (San Diego, CA) – Transitional Internship
- University of California, San Diego (San Diego, CA) – Dermatology Residency
A Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, and the American Society for Mohs Surgery, Dr. Nern is a preceptor for medical students and is passionate about teaching. Dr. Nern is dedicated to taking exceptional care of her patients to help them achieve skin health and skin cancer prevention.
In her spare time, Dr. Nern enjoys skiing, horseback riding, boating, and hiking. Dr. Nern is also on the Board of The Colorado Melanoma Foundation and initiated a philanthropic project called “The Sun Bus”. The Sun Bus attends major events and is a free sun safety education and skin cancer screening vehicle serving the underserved populations of Colorado.