Dr. Nathan Uebelhoer is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic and reconstructive surgeon skilled in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of general dermatologic diseases with a special focus on skin cancer. His formal educational training includes:
- Gordon College (Wenham, MA) – BS, Biology
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (Biddeford, ME) – Medical School
- Naval Medical Center San Diego (San Diego, CA) – Transitional Medicine Internship
- Naval Medical Center San Diego (San Diego, CA) – Dermatology Residency
- SkinCare Physicians of Chestnut Hill (Chestnut Hill, MA) – Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Fellowship
As an expert in his field, Dr. Uebelhoer has lectured across the United States and throughout the world, authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and won awards for his teaching and military service. His primary interest, however, is skin cancer surgery and facial reconstruction, and he has performed thousands of Mohs skin cancer surgeries and complex facial closures.
He has served as the division head of Mohs and Laser Surgery with the Navy in San Diego until retiring as a Commander in 2013. In addition to procedural dermatology, he has been heavily involved in rural and tropical medicine, and he continues to lecture throughout the world on his pioneering work with scar rehabilitation in wounded warriors.
In his spare time, Dr. Uebelhoer enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, playing the piano, and flying (he’s a private pilot).