Dr. Nathan Uebelhoer is a fellowship-trained dermatologic surgeon with over 20 years of surgical experience. Board-certified in both dermatology and Mohs surgery, he has dedicated his life’s work to skin cancer surgery and traumatic scars. He has performed over 15,000 Mohs surgeries and thousands of facial skin reconstructions. He began using lasers for skin conditions in 1997 and as an expert in his field, Dr. Uebelhoer has lectured throughout the world, authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and won awards for his teaching and military service. He was recently honored with the coveted Drake Memorial Award from the American Society of Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) for his pioneering work with scar rehabilitation from traumatic burn and blast injuries. His formal educational training includes:
- Gordon College (Wenham, MA) – BS, Biology
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (Biddeford, ME) – Medical School
- Naval Medical Center San Diego (San Diego, CA) – Transitional Medicine Internship
- Naval Medical Center San Diego (San Diego, CA) – Dermatology Residency
- SkinCare Physicians of Chestnut Hill (Chestnut Hill, MA) – Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Fellowship
He has served as the division head of Mohs and Laser Surgery with the Navy in San Diego until retiring as a Commander in 2013. Since then, he has focused his surgical work towards optimizing scars following skin cancer surgery and rehabilitating traumatic scars. In addition to procedural dermatology, he has been heavily involved in rural and tropical medicine.
In his spare time, Dr. Uebelhoer enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, playing the piano, and flying.