Dr. Renata Joffe is a board-certified dermatopathologist with over 15 years of experience. After completing her residency in dermatology and practicing in Copacabana, Brazil, she was invited to work alongside Dr. Bernard Ackerman, a world-renowned dermatopathologist based in New York City. Her interest in identifying and helping solve complex skin diseases led her to Columbia University, where she completed a residency in Pathology followed by a fellowship and board certification in dermatopathology. Her current areas of interest are skin cancers, inflammatory skin disorders, and infectious diseases. Her formal educational training includes:
- College of Medicine of Teresópolis (Teresópolis, RJ – Brazil) – Medical School
- The Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro, RJ – Brazil) – Dermatology Residency
- The Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology (New York City, NY) – Dermatopathology Research Fellowship
- Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons (New York City, NY) – Anatomic Pathology Residency
- The Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology (New York City, NY) – Dermatopathology Fellowship
Dr. Joffe is an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatopathology, and the International Society of Dermatopathology, where she is the current Director of the Free Communications Sessions. Dr. Joffe has published numerous articles including co-authoring “The Sun and The “Epidemic” of Melanoma, Myth on Myth” with Dr. Bernard Ackerman.
Dr. Joffe is fluent in Portuguese, English, and Italian. In her spare time, Dr. Joffe enjoys traveling with her family, rock climbing, yoga, volunteering, and lifestyle medicine.