Dr. Yang Xia is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon with a passion for dermatology and skin cancer prevention. His formal educational training includes:
- United States Military Academy (West Point, NY) – BS, Chemistry and Life Sciences & Economics
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (Bethesda, MD) – Medical School
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center (Washington, D.C.) – Transitional Medicine Internship
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center (Washington, D.C.) – Dermatology Residency
- Scripps Clinic/Foundation (La Jolla, CA) – Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Procedural Dermatology Fellowship
A member of the American College of Mohs Surgery, the American Academy of Dermatology, and the American Society of Dermatological Surgery amongst others, Dr. Xia’s involvement in education and research/clinical trials has facilitated a host of publications in major dermatology journals.
Additionally, Dr. Xia has a particular interest in venous disease as it can significantly impact an individual’s quality of life. He has successfully completed rigorous trainings and comprehensive testing in the field of venous and lymphatic medicine through his fellowship in the treatment of Vein Disease (Phlebology). He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine and has safely and successfully performed over one thousand venous procedures since 2010. Dr. Xia is passionate about providing the safest, most advanced, and compassionate care for those suffering from venous symptoms and disease.
In his spare time, Dr. Xia enjoys spending time with his wife and 4 kids, CrossFit, running, swimming, and reading.