Dr. Angelo Petropolis is a board-certified dermatologist with over 25 years of experience who is skilled in practicing medical, surgical, pediatric, and cosmetic dermatology. He has extensive expertise in the treatment of skin cancer, Mohs micrographic surgery, and the treatment of aging skin to include lasers, intense pulsed light, photodynamic therapy, and injectable fillers. Dr. Petropolis’ formal educational training includes:
- University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) – BS, Biology
- University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) – BA, Psychology
- University of Arizona College of Medicine (Tucson, AZ) – Medical School
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center (Aurora, CO) – Categorical Medicine Internship
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center (Aurora, CO) – Internal Medicine Residency
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX) – Dermatology Residency
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX) – Chief Resident
Dr. Petropolis is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, a Fellow and former board member of the American Society for Mohs Surgery, and a Fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. In addition to his board certifications in dermatology and internal medicine, he is also board certified in Mohs dermatologic surgery by the American Board of Medical Specialties. He serves as a Clinical Instructor in the Division of Clinical Education at Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is directly involved in the training of internal medicine and family medicine residents. He was awarded the “Preceptor of the Year” award by the family medicine residents for the 2018 – 2019 academic year.
In his spare time, Dr. Petropolis enjoys traveling with his wife of 45 years, Wanda, spoiling his grandchildren, and flying small planes.