Dr. Angelo Petropolis is a board-certified dermatologist with over 25 years of experience who is skilled in practicing medical, surgical, pediatric, and cosmetic dermatology. He has extensive expertise in the treatment of skin cancer, Mohs micrographic surgery, and the treatment of aging skin to include lasers, intense pulsed light, photodynamic therapy, and injectable fillers. Dr. Petropolis’ formal educational training includes:
- University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) – BS, Biology
- University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) – BA, Psychology
- University of Arizona College of Medicine (Tucson, AZ) – Medical School
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center (Aurora, CO) – Categorical Medicine Internship
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center (Aurora, CO) – Internal Medicine Residency
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX) – Dermatology Residency
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX) – Chief Resident
A Fellow and former board member of the American Society for Mohs Surgery, Dr. Petropolis serves as a Clinical Instructor in the Division of Clinical Education at Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is directly involved in the training of dermatology residents. He was awarded the “Preceptor of the Year” award by the family medicine residents for the 2018 – 2019 academic year.
In his spare time, Dr. Petropolis enjoys traveling with his wife of 42 years, Wanda, spoiling his grandchildren, and flying.