Dr. Joseph Catanzaro is a board-certified dermatologist who has been practicing general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology as part of the Greenville team since 1993. His formal educational training includes:
- University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) – BS, Preprofessional Studies
- Medical College of Georgia (Augusta, GA) – Medical School
- Charlotte Memorial Hospital (Charlotte, NC) – Internal Medicine Internship
- Medical College of Georgia (Augusta, GA) – Dermatology Residency
- Medical College of Georgia (Augusta, GA) – Chief Resident
Dr. Catanzaro’s professional interests include the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, identification and removal of atypical moles and skin lesions, and cosmetic dermatology, and he was the first dermatologist in Greenville to use Botox® Cosmetic for the treatment of facial wrinkles. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, the South Carolina Dermatological Association, and the Piedmont Dermatological Association. He is also a former president of the Piedmont Dermatological Society and former chairperson of the Department of Dermatology at Greenville Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Catanzaro enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. As all of his children attended Clemson University, he remains a loyal fan of the Tigers, as well as the Fighting Irish. He likes working and playing outdoors, playing guitar, music, and reading.