Dr. R. Todd Plott is a board-certified dermatologist who possesses a rare combination of compassion, 30 years of experience, and good-natured humor. Dr. Plott loves coming to the clinic and seeing his patients each day. He takes caring for people seriously, and makes the apprehensive or vulnerable patient feel comfortable. He enjoys diagnosing tough cases and has a special passion for treating patients suffering with acne. His specialization and professional interests also include identifying and solving complex skin conditions such as psoriasis, rosacea, atopic dermatitis as well as identifying and treating all types of skin cancers. Dr. Plott’s formal educational training includes:
- Lubbock Christian College (Lubbock, TX) – Undergraduate, Emergency Medical Technician
- Southern Nazarene University (Bethany, OK) – BS, Biology/Chemistry and History
- University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) – Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (Little Rock, AR) – Transitional Medicine Internship
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (Little Rock, AR) – Dermatology Residency
- National Cancer Institute (Bethesda, MD) – Dermatology Fellowship
Before entering private practice, Dr. Plott was a research physician that spent years developing several of the dermatologic drugs most widely prescribed by dermatologists. Dr. Plott’s most notable invention is Solodyn, which helps treat moderate to severe acne. He was awarded 6 patents for his invention of Solodyn. Dr. Plott also helped develop Ziana Gel, Noritate cream, Carac cream, Lotrisone lotion, Vanos cream, Loprox Shampoo, and many other skin treatments.
Most recently, Dr. Plott was appointed to the FDA’s Dermatologic and Ophthalmic Drug Advisory committee. He has worked with major pharmaceutical companies and now the FDA to bring innovative medicine to both patients and physicians.
Throughout his 16 years working in the pharmaceutical industry, Dr. Plott monitored tens of thousands of patients and hundreds of clinical trials. After years of clinical research success, Dr. Plott was finally ready to return to his home state of Texas and begin seeing his own patients in private practice.
Dr. Plott currently serves as the Medical Director for the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for Epiphany Dermatology.
In his spare time, he enjoys cycling, traveling with his wife, and spending time with his children, and new grandson.