Dr. Stan Tolkachjov is a board-certified dermatologist with a particular interest in skin cancers and rare adnexal malignancies, Mohs surgery and complex facial reconstruction, pyoderma gangrenosum, and neutrophilic dermatoses. Dr. Tolkachjov’s formal educational training includes:
- Emory University (Atlanta, GA) – BS, Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine (Memphis, TN) – Medical School (Class Rank – 1/159)
- Methodist University Hospital / UTHSC (Memphis, TN) – Transitional Year (Medical/Surgical) Internship
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) – Dermatology Residency
- Surgical Dermatology Group (Birmingham, AL) – Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship
Dr. Tolkachjov’s involvement in education and research / clinical trials has facilitated a host of publications in major dermatology journals and book chapters, with various speaking engagements nationally and internationally in Amsterdam, Manila, Milan, Copenhagen, and Vancouver amongst others. He is also currently co-authoring a textbook on Mohs surgery and complex reconstructive techniques.
He is an active member and holds committee positions in the American Academy of Dermatology, American College of Mohs Surgery, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, and American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
In his spare time, Dr. Tolkachjov enjoys spending time with his family, trivia, sports, travel, and mentoring students, residents, fellows, as well as sharing ideas with his colleagues to improve patient care.